I’ve just been on Ross Webb’s new Product Coach podcast talking about product leadership. You can listen to it on the widget below or at Buzzsprout.
We cover a fair amount, including:
- why I think 9 out of 10 recruiters haven’t a clue
- should you hire product managers with market specialism?
- frustrations for new product managers
- does following a process drive product success?
- the skills and abilities of a product leader
- getting the non-tech parts of the organisation to buy into product
- failing versus learning
- time management: personal, project and roadmap
- a quick way to organise your personal priorities
- why you need lots of tools at your disposal
- the tension between product manager and scrum master / delivery manager
- characteristics of a great product leader
- me saying “yeah, yeah, absolutely” a lot
If you fancy a chat about any of the topics we discussed, please feel free to get in touch with me.